Thursday, August 16, 2007

Why Blog?

So here it is... I've finally made the leap into the 21st century with my first blog.

Every so often I dive into the "blogosphere" and read up on just about anything I want to learn about from some pretty entertaining and educated characters. So why, I find myself asking, am I adding to the blog noise with one more?

The answer for me is pretty simple: My church's website won't let people comment on my thoughts on daily life without a password... So here I am, posting to my own blog.

I hope that in a few years I can look back on this first post and say a few things:

1) People have learned how to live better lives from the things discussed here.
2) We will have made progress toward learning how to be more authentic Christians.
3) That this blog has been even a small part of a second major reformation of the "protestant" church.

I think that for too long those of us who call ourselves "Christians" have separated going to church from our everyday lives. We can no longer, and we never really could, GO to church. We ARE the church. It is our identity. God has claimed us, and we are no longer our own...

So how do we live differently in 2007 and beyond? That's what we've got to figure out, and I think that we're on the verge of something big. I think that we're about to be humbled in a big way. The institutional/denominational "church" is declining, and God is doing something new...

Let's talk about what this "new" thing is. And let's learn from Jesus how to live differently, as His people for the good of our neighbors in this new world...

God's Peace, Rich
www.lifesongchristiancommunities.org

No comments: